You already know there are multiple types of visas, such as tourist, student, and even work visas. However, some countries can issue a special type, the talent visa.
If you are a highly skilled or distinguished professional in your fields, you can take advantage of this talent visa. Below, you will learn which countries can issue it so that you can further your career.
What Is a Talent Visa?
A talent visa is a way for exceptional professionals to move and work in the issuing country.
Talented and promising applicants in the fields of science, engineering, technology, and more can take advantage of it to take their careers to the next level.
If you are a young and ambitious tech talent, you can use this type of visa to find similar-minded people in the leading markets. Unleash your creativity and find the right companies that allow you to innovate and make life better through technological advancements.
Countries that Offer Talent Visas
#1 The USA – O-1 Visa
The USA is issuing the special non-resident O-1 visa that spreads in two distinct categories, the O-1A and O-1B. The first one is for professionals distinguished in the sciences, education, business, or athletics. The second is for professionals highly skilled in the arts or who have significant achievements in a motion picture or television industry.
To obtain an O-1 visa, you need to provide evidence that satisfies at least 3 of the following conditions:
- You have been granted National or international prizes in your field,
- You have published articles in notable publications in your field,
- Your work has been featured in a professional, high-profile trade, or mainstream publications,
- And more.
#2 The UK – Global Talent Visa
The Global Talent Visa is for talented and promising individuals and professionals of specific fields, like digital technology.
You can apply for the Global Talent Visa if you are working in one of the relating fields, and have been endorsed as:
- A recognized leader,
- An emerging leader, or
- Under the UK Research and Innovation endorsed funder option.
#3 Australia – Global Talent Visa
Australia has introduced the Global Talent Visa to attract highly skilled professionals that can expand the country’s economy.
The requirements to be eligible for this type of visa are:
- Need to be highly skilled in one of the 10 target sectors, such as DigiTech and Energy.
- Must show talent, that includes evidence of outstanding achievements, be prominent in your field, and have no difficulty in finding employment in Australia among others.
- Should attract a salary above the Fair Work high-income threshold of AUD158,500.
#4 New Zealand – Talent Visa
New Zealand offers the Skilled Migrant Category visa to the highly skilled individuals that want to work in the country and contribute to its economic growth. This type of visa uses a point-based system that takes into consideration factors, such as age, qualifications, work experience, and an offer of skilled employment.
If you are ineligible to apply for the Skilled Migrant Category, you can apply for:
- The Talent (Accredited Employer) Work Visa – for individuals that have a skill needed by an accredited employer in the country.
- The Talent (Arts, Culture, Sports) Work Visa – for individuals talented in these specific fields that have the support of a New Zealand organization.
- Talent (Accredited Employer) Resident Visa – for professionals working for an accredited employer in the country for at least 2 years.
#5 Singapore – Tech.Pass
Singapore has introduced Tech.Pass that aims to attract established tech entrepreneurs, leaders, and technical experts to move and work in the country. The main focus of the pass is to allow these experts to innovate and push the technology boundaries even further.
To be eligible for the Tech.Pass, you will need to fulfill two of the following criteria:
- Your last drawn monthly salary of the previous year should be at least S$20,000.
- You should have work experience of at least five cumulative years in a leading role in a tech company, which has a market cap of at least US$500 million or at least US$30 million funding raised.
- You should have work experience of at least five cumulative years in the development of a tech product, which has at least 100,000 monthly active users or at least US$100 million annual revenue.
Take Your Career to the Next Level
If you are ready to take a decisive step to grow your career, then the talent visa gives you a chance to move and work in a foreign country.
We are here to provide you with guidance in every step of your decision-making and application process. Seek our advice to gain your visa and have a smooth transition to your new destination. Start your journey today with help with Moovaz!