Moovaz is an all-encompassing relocation service for the increasingly mobile citizen in the globalized world, with a mission to use innovative technology so that every person can embark on their next life journey with moving movements. We seek to create a life well moved for everyone.
The Finder is a free quarterly magazine aimed at helping people live well in Singapore. At 27 years, it is the longest-running publication for expatriates in Singapore. Including its print and digital magazine editions, website (TheFinder.com.sg), social media pages, and e-newsletters, The Finder has more than 300,000 users – made up of expats and internationally-minded Singaporeans (i.e., “global locals”).
We are a team full of ambitious, creative, and hungry for change people. We believe that our greatest asset is the team. Join us to make a difference in this age-old industry and bring the world closer together by enabling a life well-moved.
We are looking for an awesome Editorial intern to join The Finder team, aka the Insider’s Guide to Living Well in Singapore.
This internship will give you real-world skills that you can apply to any job (really!): time-management in a deadline environment; idea generation and article research; fact-checking and writing; how to collaborate with a team; handle and give constructive feedback and more.
Plus, if you like being creative and learning about interesting or helpful topics and then sharing that info with other people, you will appreciate this opportunity. Only responsible individuals need to apply.
What you’ll get to do
- Fact-check and update print and digital articles
- Pitch story ideas; research and write articles for both print and digital
- Contribute social media posts
- Upload print articles onto TheFinder.com.sg
- Do picture research; assist at photo or video shoots as needed
- Assist with ad-hoc duties and attend press events and media previews as neede
- Able to commit a full-time internship for at least 3 months
- Engaging a degree in Journalism, communications or other media-type university program preferred
- Photography and/or videography experience with video editing experience is a bonus
- Able to work in smaller teams with good oversight for multiple tasks on hand
- Commercially aware, self-motivated, and proactive