Software Engineering Intern
Moovaz is an all-encompassing relocation service for the increasingly mobile citizen in the globalized world, with a mission to use innovative technology so that every person can embark on their next life journey with moving movements. We seek to create a life well moved for everyone.
Moovaz was founded in 2017 with a presence in Singapore, Hong Kong, and Australia. Since our launch, we have become the fastest-growing relocation platform in the region, helping over 12,000 families relocate globally across 200 cities. With our emphasis on innovation and automation, we have devised revolutionary products to make international relocation easier, smarter, and stress-free.
We are a team full of ambitious, creative, and hungry-for-change people. We believe that our greatest asset is the team. Join us to make a difference in this age-old industry and bring the world closer together by enabling a life well-moved.
We are looking for a hackish Software Engineer Intern to join our energetic team to embark on our revolutionary charge!
This internship will help put into practice your solutions engineering skills, coding skills, and business understanding skills. You will have hands-on opportunities to work on real business problems that will be put into actual use for the company. You will also get a deeper understanding of the dynamic logistics industry and gain experience to equip you in excelling in a fast-paced work environment.
What you’ll get to do
- Responsible for the design, coding, unit testing and documentation of software components and features
- Build automation test framework
- Participate in sprint planning, demos and daily scrum activities
- Study and analyse current business processes to make suggestions for process improvements, optimization and automation
- Design, write and implement codes to perform process automation
- Work on company infrastructure to implement continuous improvement
Technical Skills and Competencies Learning
- Collaborate with other business units to understand how automation can improve workflow.
- Be competent in database handling, eg. MySQL or Postgresql
- Understand and apply the integration of different systems using webhooks or zapier
- Be involved in a ERP system backend development using NodeJS and frontend development using React
- Able to commit full-time or at least 3 days a week
- Experience with consuming Restful API Web Services
- Knowledge of development frameworks
- A team player who is willing to learn and communicate across departments
- Able to work in smaller teams with good oversight for multiple tasks on hand
- An agile learner who can adapt well in a fast-growing environment while keeping attention to detail