Frequently asked questions
While we strive to provide the best service and most transparent prices, each move is unique and may involve additional costs and services that are out of our standard scope.
These may include:
- Professional cleaning services, which are available separately through a cleaning company at additional costs.
- Import duties, taxes, extensive customs examination, quarantine or physical inspection fees, security screenings, scanning and related costs.
- New/revised surcharges imposed by shipping lines/carriers. Freight charges are subject to change without notice, and quotations are made based on current rates at the time the quote was generated. A General Rate Increase and a Peak Season Surcharge is expected in each quarter.
- Detention, demurrage, port storage or storage related costs.
- Parking permit charges, if any at destination.
- Poor access charges at pick-up/destination (e.g., stair-carry, long-carry, shuttle, hoisting, crane service, etc.).
- Handling charges for extraordinary/large/oversized/heavy items such as pianos, safes, pool tables, etc. where specialist services are required.
- Delivery, packing and unpacking on weekends, public holidays and/or after office hours.
- Delivery to more than one destination address.
- Disconnection/reconnection of computers, appliances, and audio-visual equipment.
- Wall mounting of plasma/LCD TVs and/or stereo equipment.
- Electrical and carpentry services.
- Disassembly/reassembly of flat packed/knock-down furniture (e.g. IKEA furniture).
- Non-refundable condominium administration/lift padding/parking fees.
- Protection coverage charges.
Rest assured that our move managers and movers will clearly communicate these with you should the circumstance arise, and all additionals, if required, will be duly documented and conveyed.